Boston String Academy has had the privilege to welcome very special
and well known guest artists to work with our students. We are very thankful and honored by their generous and thoughtful support. Among these artists are:
- Midori Goto, world-renowned concert violinist, Chair of the String Department and Violin Professor at the University of Southern California.
- Rictor Noren, Violin and Viola Professor at the Boston Conservatory, New England Conservatory and MIT.
- Rhonda Rider, Cello Professor at the Boston Conservatory and Boston University.
- Judith Eissenberg, Violin and Chamber Music Professor at the Boston Conservatory and Brandeis University.
- Jamie Bernstein, narrator, writer and broadcaster; great admirer and supporter of El Sistema.
- Sophie Vilker, Violin Professor at the New England Conservatory.
- Corey Cerovsek, acclaimed concert violinist.
- Sergej Bolkhovets, Violin Teacher at the Royal Conservatory of Music of Stockholm, Sweden.
- David Ying, cellist of the Ying quartet, Cello Professor at the Eastman School of Music.
- Clayton Hoener, violinist at the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra and Handel & Haydn Society. Awarded ASTA’s Massachusetts Studio Teacher of the Year in 2013.
- Tara Novak, lead violinist of the “Three Irish Tenors” and “Druid”, Faculty at Waltons New School of Music in Dublin.
- Lynn Chang, Violin Professor at the Boston Conservatory, New England Conservatory, Boston University, top prize winner of the Paganini International Violin Competition.
- Founding members of Venezuela’s “El Sistema”: Francisco Diaz, Tarcisio Barreto, Jesus Sira, Katiuska Yustiz, Engels Gomez, and Ricardo Perez.
- Sharan Leventhal, Violin Professor at Boston Conservatory and Brandeis University, President of the American String Teachers Association – Massachusetts Chapter.
- Martin Chalifour, Concertmaster of Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Bonnie Greene, violin pedagogue, Executive Director/Publisher with Madison Music Makers & One World Strings.
- Ben Zander, Music Director of the Boston Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Markus Placci, Violin Professor at Boston Conservatory, winner of the prestigious “XXVI Vittorio Veneto Competition”.
- Bruce Hangen, Artistic Director and Conductor of the Orchestra of Indian Hill and Director of Orchestral Activities of the Boston Conservatory.
- Linda Fiore, Suzuki violin expert, faculty at Hartt School of Music, Co-director of the Ogontz Suzuki Institute.
- Nancy Hair, Cello Faculty at The Hartt School, All Newton Music School, New England Conservatory.
- Beatrice Affron, Music Director and Conductor of the Pennsylvania Ballet, Principal Guest Conductor of the Boston Ballet.
- Edicson Ruiz, double bassist at the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Gustavo Dudamel, Music Director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Sir Simon Rattle, Artistic Director of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Yvonne Frye, Colourstrings Specialist, Professor at the Sibelius Academy.
Contact Us for more information